Day 6: Ayutthaya Day Tour!

Today, we woke up really early so we can catch the schedule for the Rapid train going to Ayutthaya which is 6:40 AM. Before 6 AM, we were ready to go out. So we just rode Sam Yan Mrt going to Hua Lamphong station. You have to follow the directions going to exit for the train station. Upon arrival there, we had to buy a ticket at any booth located at the left side of the entrance. You make sure that you inform the ticketing person where your exact location is. So the fare was 20 THB each. And the travel time was 2-3 hours. It was a free sitting also. They have an open view outside so you can either sleep or watch the scenery. Before the arrival at the place, a train attendant would actually shout 'next stop is ayutthaya'. So we were pretty confident that we arrive at the correct place. Lol.  










Upon arrival, there are a lot of tuktuk drivers who would give you an offer. For us, we were offered 1,200 THB. We find it very high so I haggle it to just 900 THB. I know it's still expensive but yeah, we just wanted to enjoy the place and get going. 

Here's the places we visited and their entrance fee:

1. Wat Mahathat - 50 THB .
2. Wat Yai Chai Mongkhon - 50 THB.
3. Wat Chai Watthanaram - 50 THB.
4. Wat Phra Si Sanphet - 50 THB.
5. War Ratchaburana - 50 THB.
6. Elephant Village - no entrance fee. 












Actually, we were really annoyed with the Tuktuk driver because he kept on offering us the elephant ride. We told him, we just wanted to see real elephants but he insisted that he has a friend that offers cheap elephant ride. The regular price for the elephant ride was 1,000 THB for an hour. So that would be 500 Thb for 30 minutes. We told him that let's just skip the elephant ride instead. I thought he understood it but instead of bringing us to the next ruins, he brought us again to another elephant ride. The offer was actually 400 for 15 minutes. I was really annoyed and about to blow up. I told him," let's skip the elephant ride. You are wasting our time. Let's go to the ruins here". I was really pissed off. And he was like "okay okay. I take care of you". So he brought us to the next ruin and he was not talking that much anymore. Lol. I really didn't care so long as he bring us to the promised destinations. When we went back to the vehicle, he offered again the elephant ride for 300 thb for 15 minutes. Darn!!. So I said, okay bring us to that place and get this done! So we went back to the elephant ride and wasted  more traveling time since it was kind of far.






When we arrived at the place, his smiles were all over his face. He was so happy because he got his commission. Tsk. Only me and my sister took the ride because my boyfriend ran out of money. So we just paid 300 THB each for a 15 minute ride. I felt pity for the elephants. I know we are heavy and he had to carry 3 persons at the same time including the heavy metal chair. And if he doesn't follow instructions, he will get a lash or a spank. The elephant driver was actually talkative. Even though we don't understand each other but he kept on talking. Sharing information about 'Pepsi', the name of the elephant which is 73 years old already. He offered to take pictures of us for 100 THB. A good offer though because they don't have a cameraman to take pictures while you are riding it. The ride was worth it but of course, we don't want to prolong the agony of Pepsi.







Our driver brought us to different ruins but yeah it's seems like you can't really differentiate each ruins because their colors are actually just the same. We just took some pictures and off we go. The driver then sent us back to the train station. We gave him 1,000 Thb for the payment and he was pleading if we can give the 100 Thb change as a sort of tip for him, I declined it. In my opinion, I know my companions would have the same words to say. I didn't really like how the driver manage our 4 hours ride. I felt like he didn't send us to all the promised ruins. I brought my list but unluckily I lost it during the trip so I could not remember the places I listed but I know it was like 8-10 ruins but he only brought us to 5 ruins. 

At the train station, you just have to buy a ticket there and just inform them that your destination is Bangkok. The fare would be the same. We only waited for 30 minute at the platform 3. Make sure that you ask if that is the correct one because there are 3 platforms with the 3 different locations. When the train arrived, we hopped in and just show the tickets to the attendant.





We went straight back to our hostel to rest because we will be going home tomorrow. We need to prepare our stuff and bags. Well, if you want to see the ruins of the previous temples of Thailand, you can definitely visit this place. 🚇

'Till we meet again Thailand! 💪


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pain Of Waiting

Singapore Trip : Day Three!

Our Journey To Tagaytay